Chester Nez: What I've learned
There are quite a few things I have learned but I have narrowed them down to 2 things. The first thing I learned while Chester was speaking is that miracles can happen. For instance, he was not able to speak Navaho in boarding school or he was beaten. But when he joined the code talkers he was honored to speak his own language. Furthermore, I learned from Chester that learning to think under pressure can be very easy if you try hard enough. In example, Chester had to emit codes while in the middle of a fierce battle, which must've taken real self control. In conclusion, Chester taught me miracles are possible and Thinking under pressure can be easy if you try hard enough.
Gustav, Yes I agree. it must have been such a twist for him to be asked to use his Navaho language. Do you think it is important today that people maintain their culture?
ReplyDeleteExcellent points Gustav! What are some examples of "thinking under pressure" in your own life?
ReplyDelete