Sunday, November 17, 2013
Chester Nez the code talker
"I feel very proud and happy to serve my country." A quote said by the last Navajo Code Talker Chester Nez. You might be asking your self what is a code talker? Well, I have the answer. The Navajo Code Talkers were used during World War 2 to send codes to the Americans. One thing about this code though, this was the one code the Japanese never cracked. There were 30 Navajo's chosen to be the first code talkers. Although some people didn't like the code it stuck with them. Being a code talker you weren't allowed to tell anyone the code and you had to be able to think under pressure. They came up with an alphabet in English then than into Navajo. The code talkers had to memorize the code because if they had a book that had the codes in it and it fell out if there pocket the Japanese could find it then crack it. Some people came to his grandparents house and set there sheep on fire because there heard was too big. The codes were a very successful thing that they used in the war. When Chester was in war he missed hoarding sheep a lot. A historian question is turning point? Yes this was a huge turning point in America's history because with out them we might not have won the war. Also with there codes we became very strong in the war and unable to beat. Looking through there eyes? If I were a Navajo code talker I would probably not be able to do it because I can't think well under pressure so to imagine how much stress it was to memorize all the codes and to be able to say it is unbelievable. I give a lot of credit to the code talkers. Chester states you are the most important person in the war. That really stood out too me. One way this would relate to Unbroken would be Chester forgave the people in the school that took away the Navajo language he forgave them and also when the people burned his families sheep. He forgave every one of them. All so Louie forgave the people who beaten him at the POW camp and all the people who hurt him. Could you do that? I couldn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fix your post. I think you mean "herding" sheep and not "hoarding" sheep.
ReplyDelete