Saturday, November 16, 2013
Chester Nez
Chester is one of 29 people who helped the United States win the War because of contribution in the Navaho Code talkers of World War Two, and even though it may seem shocking Chester is the last living Navaho Code talker from world War 2. A Quote that I to from his presentation was " I'm very proud to say that I was part of the 29 men who invented the Navaho Code, and I'm also proud to say that I served my country." I think that his presentation was very informative because we learned about him as a little boy and how he chose to help the United States even though they didn't know what they were signing up for, then You got to listen to the part when he was in the War over by Japan. One thinking like a Historian question I have is Would we most likely have lost the war if the United States did not have the Navaho Code because they never tried to make a code that was Unbreakable. The second thinking like a historian question I have is What would have happened if Japan secretly found out about the code and made us believe they didn't know what we were saying but then they attacked us because they knew our plans, Would the war have been longer and who would win the war then? A connection to the book Unbroken and Chester Nez is that they both forgave people like Louie forgave the Japanese that had beaten him and made them feel like dirt, and Chester was treated badly by the United states because of his religion and type of person he was but when they asked if they would help he was one of the first to sign up to do the Unknown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cody - In your post you stated, "One thinking like a Historian question I have is Would we most likely have lost the war if the United States did not have the Navaho Code because they never tried to make a code that was Unbreakable. " How would you answer that question?
ReplyDelete