Chester Nez (the last remaining code talker) once said "They treated me like brothers".
This goes to show how Mr.Nez felt about his career in the army. The lecture we got to hear about his fascinating life was extraordinary and nothing Ive ever heard before.Throughout the seminar I learned so many things about the Native American way of life and World War 2. Some things I learned were that many Navaho had to walk 15-20 miles a day to feed there sheep and that they lived hard lifestyles. One thing I learned about WW2 was that codes were a very important way of communicating and what Chester and the other 28 Navaho members did was a key factor in America winning the war. It was weird that he would do something for the army and be very proud to do it even though the Navaho group has been treated badly in the past. I don't think most Native American people would do that. There is connection with the book "Unbroken" and Chester. Both Louie and Chester served in WW2 and fought in the pacific theater. They also worked hard at what they did and both Louie and Chester were there when their country was in dire need of them. A big thanks to Mr.Nez and everyone else involved for being able to share a life account of The Code Talkers. =)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete