Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Story of Chester Nez the last living code talker

               Chester said this many times during the interview "I am proud to have served my country." I think there are many reasons why he kept saying this sentence but I think that the strongest reason he repeated this sentence so much is because it was true. Even though the country that he fought for treated him and his people very poorly, he still wanted to help us when he heard about pearl harbor. I learned so much about the code talkers there massive support during the war by communicating things in 4 minutes that took other code teams to do in 4 hours. The Navajo way of life style that they had to walk 10 to 20 miles a day just so that their sheep could have something they could feed on. That during the depression how the US decided that it was a good idea to kill all the sheep even though they didn't try anything so dramatic on the farms. I think that even though his hearing is fading the footstep that Chester  Nez left on history is not.

1 comment:

  1. Ethan - "I think that even though his hearing is fading the footstep that Chester Nez left on history is not." Can you expand on this a little bit more in detail?

    ReplyDelete